Tips to Get Your Kitchen Back to School Ready
Can you believe that summer is coming to a close? You’ve probably spent the last few weeks completing your back to school shopping for clothing and school supplies, but have you prepped the kitchen for the mad rush of morning breakfasts and lunch packing? It’s never too late to improve your kitchen organization and we have a few back to school tips that you can implement in a few hours to make preparing lunches, grabbing snacks, and breakfast on-the-go a snap.
Get Your Refrigerator Pack and Go and Grab and Go Ready.
- Dedicate one shelf for lunch approved drinks – fruit juices, bottled water, etc.
- Use one drawer or bin for snacks – yogurt, fruit, veggies, etc. Purchase single serving products or prepare snack sized bags or plastic containers.
- Reserve one drawer or bin for sandwich fixings.
Prep the Pantry
- Dedicate one bin or basket for each food item: chips, granola or breakfast bars, cookies, fruit roll-ups, etc.
- Purchase single serving products or prepare snack sized bags so they are ready to pack or eat.
Set Up a Lunch Packing Station
- Reserve one cabinet or set of drawers in your kitchen where you can organize all of your lunch packing supplies: lunch bins, plastic containers, chill bags, napkins, plastic utensils, thermoses, etc.
- Separate items by type with drawer dividers or bins.
Create a Command Center
The “Command Center.” The custom magnetic bulletin board is a great place to post schedules, cafeteria menus, and party invitations!
If you have space in your kitchen, a command center can be very helpful in keeping important schedules and paperwork organized and easily accessible.
- Hang a magnetic dry erase board where you can post messages, schedules, and chore lists.
- Place an in and out box for important paperwork.
- Use a desktop file sorter or stackable trays to organize paperwork for multiple children.
Be sure to check out our Pinterest Boards for ideas and examples!
Back to School Kitchen Tips