Zieba Builders is currently seeking an experienced, residential construction, project estimator to join our team!
ZBI is a superior residential Design/Build Company serving the coastal communities of Southern California since 1988. We are passionate about providing an outstanding client experience by hiring and valuing exceptional employees. Working at Zieba Builders you will find yourself an integral member of the team. We value a professional yet fun-spirited work environment. We often do team-building events and functions because we value family and friendships. As they say, “if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life.”
The position we are looking to fill includes the following:
Role & Responsibilities
The intent of the Estimator is to represent the company’s interests and business philosophy through accurate estimating and assistance to our production team, design team and office staff.
To that end, the primary responsibilities of the Estimator are:
- Prepare accurate estimates by obtaining trade and vendor quotes
- Study plans, blueprints, acknowledgments, and drawings
- Research construction methods and materials
- Accurate input of information into the company’s software
- Assist with the creation of Project Schedules, Scopes of Work, and Change Orders
- Develop relationships with new trade contractors and vendors.
- Constantly seek to improve your industry knowledge through research, training, and networking.
The Estimator reports directly to the Sales Manager.
- Strong knowledge of the residential construction process
- Ability to read, and interpret blueprints and other project drawings sufficiently to do material takeoffs, project schedules and field layouts and to recognize potential discrepancies
- Good math skills: ability to calculate labor hours, project costs, margins, layouts, and cubic footage
- Good communication skills: ability to communicate information clearly and in a timely fashion with a commitment to a mutual comprehension of key issues
- Good interpersonal skills: ability to inspire trust, respect and confidence in others
- A constant desire to improve personal knowledge and the company through research, networking and thinking outside the box
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Construction Industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field preferred
- Experience with Microsoft office (Excel, Word, MS Projects or other scheduling software, etc.)
- Experience with construction CRM Software is preferred but not required
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Company Sponsored Health Insurance Plan
- Team building and Networking Events
- Professional Development
Come join the ZBI team and become a part of our family!
**Direct Hire only – Recruiters do not contact**
Working at Zieba Builders, Inc. you will find yourself an integral member of the team. We value a professional yet fun-spirited work environment. We often do team-building events and functions because we value family and friendships. As they say “if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life.”